We are seeing more and more people trending towards work-from-home opportunities in order to make ends meet via remote work. Who wouldn’t want to work from the comfort of their couch or home desk?
It is incredibly exciting to see that more remote opportunities are becoming available. As technology continues to rapidly evolve it has become easier than ever to generate income from the comfort and safety of your own home.
The challenge here, though, is in finding the right opportunity that is actually legitimate, costs little to no money to start, and is ideal for your own lifestyle and goals.
So, what are some options for legitimate work from home jobs with no startup fee? Let’s take a look at a handful of work from home jobs that stand out among the rest so you can decide whether or not any of these work for you.
Textbroker is a fantastic option for those looking to earn remotely while flexing and sharpening those writing skills.
Textbroker serves as an intermediary between clients that need writing content generated and freelance writers looking to perform these duties remotely.
My experience with Textbroker was predominantly positive and I see it as a great alternative for those who are turned off by the pay-to-play model that Upwork employs.
- Easily accessible for those with even basic writing skills.
- Direct deposit available.
- The payouts occur weekly with Textbroker.
- The editors of Textbroker have been known to be tough.
- You will have to pass tests in order to determine your level of projects that you qualify for.
- The initial identification process is a bit cumbersome as it has multiple verification steps and requires a copy of your ID.
Rev is an exciting work from home opportunity or online side hustle as this one focuses on creating captions for videos by watching videos and transcribing them. Rev has you log in to their site to watch videos or listen to audio in order to generate accurate transcriptions.
Transcription is a great work from home job, and with Rev, there are all kinds of videos to watch and transcribe so this online endeavor can be fun, educational, and serve as another remote avenue of income. You just might stumble upon something new that catches your interest.
You can earn from $1.50-$3.00 per minute of video or audio transcribed and choose what kind of schedule to maintain.
- You are pretty much getting paid to watch videos. Hard to beat that, right?
- The video content can be surprisingly entertaining and educational. You never know what you might come across on Rev.
- As with many of the best work from home opportunities, you can enjoy a very flexible work schedule and choose which projects to take on.
- You cannot mentally check out or be sloppy with this online work opportunity as poor results will result in you being terminated from the platform.
- Not all of the content is exciting so be prepared to endure some potentially boring videos to transcribe.
- There is an initial degree of testing in order to qualify as a “Revver”. Should you fail to meet the speed and accuracy standards for their test then you will not be eligible to work for Rev.
3. NextWave Advocacy
Now here’s an interesting work-from-home job that just might catch your attention if you enjoy talking to people on the phone.
NextWave Advocacy employs remote outgoing callers to reach out and discuss political topics with the intent of helping people get involved with politics. This can range from guidance with writing letters to local politicians, how to get involved with voter drives, and much more.
If you are passionate about helping others get involved in the world of politics then this work from home job is a great way for you to earn remotely while contributing in such a fashion.
- Getting paid $12/hr to talk on the phone is not a terrible notion at all.
- Payment is weekly and direct deposit is available with this remote opportunity.
- You can enjoy a very flexible and free schedule as long as you put in a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Talking about politics with random people can be unpleasant or even hostile at times. Brace yourself for potentially challenging conversations with this one.
- The flexibility of the schedule can be limited by appropriate calling hours.
- You will be required to download and work from their software and utilize and headset to call from your computer rather than your phone.
4. Virtual Assistant
Serving as a virtual assistant or starting your own virtual assistant business (Also known as a VA) has been one of the more rapidly growing legitimate work from home jobs. It offers a flexible and beneficial avenue of income for remote workers while also solving needs for business owners and entrepreneurs that need to outsource some help in their own endeavors.
There are a wide variety of freelance platforms for VA’s such as Time Etc. or you may have more control by creating your own VA business or agency.
The range of tasks may vary greatly from client to client as they will all have different needs and perspectives.
- Virtual Assistants on Time Etc. can make $11/hr starting and up to $16/hr over time and freelancers have been known to make up $30/hr after having proven themselves to be beneficial investments.
- You have opportunities to connect with seasoned entrepreneurs and business owners that may lead you to future possibilities.
- As you evolve as a VA you can decide to zero in on specific niches and choose what you want to work on.
- If you are not selective with your clients and able to maintain control it is possible to lose control of the situation to a degree and end up getting pushed around or taken advantage of by potential clients.
- There is no shortage of Virtual Assistant opportunities for those seeking remote working possibilities.
- Limited flexibility at times due to client needs.
5. Online Tutoring
Being able to make money from home online while also being able to contribute to the lives of others is truly an amazing opportunity and becoming an online tutor can offer just that.
You can engage as a freelance tutor, start your own tutoring business, join a pod or group, or explore online platforms for tutors such as Tutor.com and others. Many freelance tutors utilize platforms such as Skype, Zoom, Discord, Facebook Messenger, and others in order to conduct their classes. Tutoring remotely can take place one-on-one or in small groups.
There are a wide variety of ways to embrace being an online tutor and this opportunity can create a nice flexible flow of income via working from home.
- Contributing to the education of others while making money from home is awesome!
- You are likely to learn something new or just brush up on your own knowledge while working with others remotely.
- The ability and freedom to create your own schedule and lesson plans are a great aspect of this work from home job.
- As an educator, you may find it challenging at times to get through to your pupils/clients.
- While there is a degree of freedom here, you may have to compromise a bit with scheduling with your clients/pupils.
- If you are freelancing then you are responsible for handling requesting payments and other conflicts that could arise between you and your client/pupils.
Final Thoughts: Work From Home With No Startup Fees
It has never been easier to make money from home, on our terms, and in ways that suit our individual needs and lifestyles thanks to modern technology and the internet.
These 5 legitimate work from home jobs with no startup fees are all great places to begin in your own journey to create additional avenues of income via remote opportunities.
Taking the time to read up on these remote jobs and others is vital in order to understand your niche and maximize positive results so take the information at hand here and start making money on your own terms.